Antonia is an emerging contemporary jeweller based in Adelaide South Australia. Originally from Melbourne Antonia completed an Advanced Diploma in Jewellery Manufacture at Northern Melbourne Insitute of Tafe (NMIT). This was followed by a residency in the project space of NorthCity4 jewellery and artist workshop. Since graduating from NMIT in 2014 Antonia has been involved in a number of group exhibitions in Melbourne and Adelaide.
Antonia is currently completing the two year Associate Training program in the Jewellery and Metal Studio at JamFactory Adelaide.
Antonia's work takes inspiration from the natural world, in particular the ocean. She emulates the flow, line and texture of objects that can be traced from the natural world onto her jewellery pieces. Forming discarded objects, such as seaweed, into precious metal pieces Antonia enhances her work by using colour from gemstones or industrial applications such as powder coating.
Education and Training
- Associate Training Program, JamFactory Adelaide, 2016-2017
- New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS), 2016-2017
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology (jewellery), Melbourne Polytechnic (formally Northern Melbourne Institute of Tafe), 2014
- Gem Setting Short Course, Melbourne Polytechnic Tafe, 2014
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, Deakin University Geelong, Victoria, 2010